Passive Air Conditioning. Duckless Airconditioner.
Passive Air Conditioning
- (Air-conditioned) buses fares cost a little over four times the fare of an ‘Ordinary’ route covering the same distance. Those buses have route numbers starting with A.
- A system which can generate both temperature controlled cold and warm air via a fan.
- A system for controlling the humidity, ventilation, and temperature in a building or vehicle, typically to maintain a cool atmosphere in warm conditions
- air conditioner: a system that keeps air cool and dry
- The passive voice
- peacefully resistant in response to injustice; “passive resistance”
- lacking in energy or will; “Much benevolence of the passive order may be traced to a disinclination to inflict pain upon oneself”- George Meredith
- passive voice: the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is the recipient (not the source) of the action denoted by the verb; “`The ball was thrown by the boy’ uses the passive voice”; “`The ball was thrown’ is an abbreviated passive”
- A passive form of a verb
passive air conditioning – The Passive
Whether you are adopting the model developed by Jim Kachadorian or using another designer’s layout and plan, The Passive Solar House will provide you with pragmatic, immediately applicable solar design advice that is usable in any region or climate. Information includes:
– Proper siting and strategic window selection and placement
– Energy and money-saving construction tips
– Ideal air-exchange rates, and ways to avoid overheating
– Methods for gauging and maximizing thermal mass
– Criteria for sizing of back-up heating systems
– Interior design for year-round comfort
This book is brimful of worthwhile, constructive how-to advice, and gives readers the basis for understanding the hows and whys of solar design, including a succinct presentation of ten key solar-design principles that have defined and guided solar architecture for thousands of years.
Minergie(R) Siedlung (Swiss)
about one year old
passive air conditioning